Wednesday 26 June 2013

Cuddles and accusations

"Hi, It's Midnight here. I've come home today. I just had a lovely snooze with the elegant lady on the bed, in our little granny-flat. She's telling me there’s another lady living on the property. Apparently this lady loves cats too, but is also enamoured of bats. Strange combination. Perhaps it's because 'cats' and 'bats' rhyme. Her partner is called 'Fruitbat' and they refer to this place at the edge of town as 'Bat End'. Does that mean she is the BatEndCat woman? Well, at least it's not BADendCat woman! 
The gentleman is talking. He's telling me the Batcat woman is called Selina.

My inquisitive nose twitches. 'So what about Fruitbat? I presume he likes fruit and bats, but is that his real name?'

'Fruitbat' he goes on, 'lives with Selina. He keeps a low profile, so you’ll probably meet her first. She’s very enthusiastic with animals.’

Sure enough, not much later I hear a clipper 'Hellooo' outside. Selina strides in, looks at me and states the obvious... 'Oh, he's all black! Are you a naughty kitten?' she asks me, as she leans closer. 
Eh? My blackness is obvious, but my naughtiness? I'm black, but why does this make me naughty? I'm not naughty! Does being black make me naughty?

'Yes! You are a naughty little kitten', she asserts, confirming an answer to her own question. 

Okay. I'm officially confused now. What did I do wrong? Even in my darkest hour, when I was shoved in a box and driven around in a wibbly-wobbly car, I didn't soil myself. Nor the box. Nor did I scratch the humans. Any lesser cat would have caused a cat-astrophy, but not me. And don't get me started about the behaviour of dogs in situations like that. Nevertheless, she says I'm naughty. Hrummph!

However, she's forgiven instantly with her next gesture. She picks me up. My confusion disappears, or more to the point, it ceases to be important. She has 'The Touch'. I am putty in her hands. I don't know about the bats, but she is THE Cat Woman, without a doubt.
'Oh, that's a purr! You're beautiful, you're so trusting' she marvels. 'Look' she says to the others, 'he's so relaxed that I can just dangle him upside-do......'
NOOO..'HELP'. She's taken my legs and holds me upside-down. I'm a CAT, not a BAT...cats do NOT dangle from their hind legs. My little heart is racing and pounding in my ears. I squeal, squirm and squiggle! Selina immediately lets me go and apologises. She plants a kiss on my head that calms me down. A little ruffle, an assurance that she'll never do that again, and she's gone.
Phew! But she has 'The Touch'....! She can come again!

Moo-Chi, being helpful.

I'm all energised now, I look around the place, and notice a lot of shelves and interesting objects. I am sure some of the objects will roll nicely, maybe even make an interesting sound when they hit the floor. I may not dangle upside-down very well, but climbing shelves is a piece of cake for a kitten with my abilities! Fascinating..one little tick with my paw and... what do you mean, no?? The NO actually repeats itself, this time louder. Eh, naughty? What do you mean, naughty? Me?

The awful truth is starting to dawn on me. Life with these humans is going to be very, very complicated."



Disclaimer: Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purr-ely coincidental.







No comments:

Post a Comment